Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe sounds so good. I think it would be really great in the fall when sweet potatoes are in season. This was clipped from the newspaper several years ago. Cook time includes chill time.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed, drained
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minature marshmallows (optional)
- Cook 2-3 medium size sweet potatoes in their skins with a dash of salt until tender.
- Then refrigerate them until chilled, before peeling and cubing.
- Now carefully mix in a large bowl the potatoes with their other ingredients.
- Add a salad dressing of whipped cream. Then allow the salad to chill for 2-3 hours (the longer, the better).
- The oranges, cherries and cream make a pretty combination as well as a delicious taste.