Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
another recipe out of Moms grey cookbook. Cooking time given is for the sweet potatos...this really is an easy recipe.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 dash of louisianne hot sauce
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce, Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Very good and very easy. The flavors work so well together. I used yams, and I'm sure I didn't quite use a full 1 1/2 cups of mayo. Just a little salt and it was perfect. This is a nice potato salad for any season or occassion. Thanx for posting this; it's a keeper!