Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
DH and I enjoyed a similar salad at the Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans several years ago. After many years of searching, this recipe from Southeran Living's America's Best Recipes comes closest. (Chilling time included in prep time).
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 59.14 ml tarragon vinegar
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml oregano
- Wash and dry sweet potates. Bake at 400F (skins on) for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool sweet potatoes.
- Peel and cut potatoes in one inch cubes.
- In a serving bowl, combine green peppers and parsley with potates.
- In a separte bowl, whisk together the tarragon vinegar, honey, water, vegetable oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour over potate mixture. Toss gently to coat potatoes.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
Oh my, MH and I enjoyed the same salad at the Court of Two Sisters in 1993. I have been looking for it also. Loved it! No other words for it except Love!
Loved this salad! I substituted some Vidalia onion for the green onions and added more salt and pepper. I made the mistake of peeling the sweet potatoes before baking (which took twice as long as they were large) and only had to peel off the dried up outer layer--don't peel the sweet potatoes! The dressing is just perfect. Thanks, acerast.