Recipe by Acerast
DH and I enjoyed a similar salad at the Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans several years ago. After many years of searching, this recipe from Southeran Living's America's Best Recipes comes closest. (Chilling time included in prep time).
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry sweet potates. Bake at 400F (skins on) for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool sweet potatoes.
- Peel and cut potatoes in one inch cubes.
- In a serving bowl, combine green peppers and parsley with potates.
- In a separte bowl, whisk together the tarragon vinegar, honey, water, vegetable oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour over potate mixture. Toss gently to coat potatoes.
- Chill at least 3 hours.