Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe comes from Stefano de Pieri - great Italian chef. However this is very Asian fusion inspired but is fantastic. I have successfully made it with a mixture of butternut pumpkin and sweet potato.
Top Review by Maito
This was a fabulous "salad"! I also cut back on the oil, as well as the garlic and peanuts. In addition, I skipped the onion, after reading Jen's review. I wasn't sure how the flavor combinations would work, but they do, and very well. Definitely a keeper!
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or less)
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 red chile, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped herbs (coriander, parsley, dill and chives)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sweet potato into chunks, toss in a little olive oil place in large baking dish with garlic cloves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper amd bake at 220 Degrees C for 45 minutes to 1 hours.
- Remove from oven peel garlic and keep warm.
- Mix red onion, chilli and herbs into potato and garlic.
- Whisk remaining ingredients including the remaining olive oil, and toss through salad.
- Lastly top with peanuts and serve, extra herbs and black pepper.