Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from Stefano de Pieri - great Italian chef. However this is very Asian fusion inspired but is fantastic. I have successfully made it with a mixture of butternut pumpkin and sweet potato.
- Cut sweet potato into chunks, toss in a little olive oil place in large baking dish with garlic cloves.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper amd bake at 220 Degrees C for 45 minutes to 1 hours.
- Remove from oven peel garlic and keep warm.
- Mix red onion, chilli and herbs into potato and garlic.
- Whisk remaining ingredients including the remaining olive oil, and toss through salad.
- Lastly top with peanuts and serve, extra herbs and black pepper.
This was a fabulous "salad"! I also cut back on the oil, as well as the garlic and peanuts. In addition, I skipped the onion, after reading Jen's review. I wasn't sure how the flavor combinations would work, but they do, and very well. Definitely a keeper!
Wow, I loved this stuff-one of the top three salads I've had in the last year. This is a fantastic combination of textures and tastes. I cut the oil way back but otherwise followed the recipe using the recommended herbs plus oregano, thyme,rosemary and summer savory. If possible, I think it may have been even better the next day as a cold salad.
This is amazingly delicious. The combination of ingredients seems unlikely to produce anything very tasty, but I had to try it anyway. I am amazed. I am eating it right now, enjoying each and every bite!!! I also used less oil, cooked the sweet potatoes 15 minutes longer (maybe I chopped them bigger than the chef) and used more herbs than called for and some salt. Really worth the time to make this if you like unusual tastes in your food.