Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
I liked this recipe, because it had a great taste. I got it, in the mail. It was on the back of checks unlimited. It had a good color photo. I will make this again. It is a great one for the holidays. I did not use, but one pound of sweet potatoes,which equal to one potato. I did not have Dijion mustard, but the mustard i had made it turn out wonderful anyway.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 8 green onions, sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a large sausepan and cover with water. Cover and boil gently until the potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes.Drain.
- When potatoes are cool,peel,and dice. In a large bowl,combine mayonnaise, mustard and salt.
- Stir in eggs,celery, and onions. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Yield:8-10 servings.
I'd choose this over regular potato salad any day! The Dijon mustard goes so well with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. I garnished with extra chopped green onions. Thanx for posting this; I'll make this again.
I had this at a tea room and loved it. So, I've been looking for a recipe to get an idea what might be in it. Love this..... I cooked my sweet potatoes a little bit too long I think and they were soft. So, next time I will cook them seperate from the other pototes.
This was excellent and different. will be making again thanks