Dark, moist, slightly spicy pancakes. No one would ever guess the ingredients list. I served these with fresh blueberry/honey sauce. Probably would be wonderful served with glazed, cooked apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons buttermilk baking mix, reconstituted with
- 2/3 cup water, to equal 1 cup
- 1/2 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup sorghum
Blueberry Honey Sauce
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, cardamon and cinnamon.
- 2In another bowl lightly beat egg; add mashed sweet potatoes and sorghum syrup.
- 3Add egg mixture to flour mixture; add 1/2 cup reconstituted buttermilk, stir until blended.
- 4If batter is to thick, add additional reconstituted buttermilk until desired consistency.
- 5Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- 6In small saucepan, over medium heat, add blueberries, lemon juice and honey.
- 7Bring to slow bowl, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto preheated griddle.
- 10Cook over medium heat until small bubbles appear on top, approximately 45 seconds, check frequently to prevent over browning.
- 11Turn pancakes and cook until cooked and lightly brown on bottom.
- 12Serve pancakes topped with blueberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Rye Pancakes With Blueberry Honey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g