Recipe by Catherine Robson
I found this recipe in an old Woman's Weekly that I was about to recycle. Ideal for a picnic lunch.
Top Review by zaar junkie
This was pretty good. I used 2 cups eggbeaters in place of the egg whites and whole eggs and it turned out well. Good reheated the next day too. Easy to put together and a nice way to use up some sweet potatoes. Thanks for posting!
- 450 g orange sweet potatoes (peeled & cut into 2cm pieces)
- 1 capsicum (cut into 2cm pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated to sprinkle on top)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line 18cm x 28cm tin with silicone paper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato & cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain & set aside.
- Then spray a non stick frypan with olive oil spray & heat on medium-high heat.
- Add capsicum to pan & cook for 3 minutes - stirring occassionally.
- Add garlic to capsicum & cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, egg whites, 1/3 cup parmesan, rosemary salt and pepper.
- Pour into lined tin.
- top with the sweet potato capsicum mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Cool in tin on rack.
- Slice & refrigerate in airtight container until picnic.