Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These hot appetizers have a pleasing mix of sweet and savory flavors.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- olive oil, for sauteing
- Toss the sweet potato chunks in olive oil and sea salt and roast in a single layer for 25-35 minutes at 400 degrees F until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Remove and mash, then mix in rosemary and goats cheese and sea salt to taste.
- Form into small balls and saute in a little olive oil until lightly browned on the outside.
- Serve warm.
This is delicious! I like the sweet potato with the sea salt combo. I just used a little spray oil for the roasting and it worked out well. I also added a couple sprigs of rosemary to the roasting pan. The smell was out of this world! They are a nice healthy appetizer. I served with some greek yogurt to dip. Made and Reviewed for your Cookathon.
I had a yam and some feta to use up; so this seemed to fit the bill. This has the potential of being really awesome, but it lacks something. I added garlic, but the result was bland and unimpressive. Maybe some bacon? Also,too greasy for me. I will tinker with this; stay tuned.