Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sweet potatoes give these great flavor and moistness. Yum! Recipe courtesy of Midwest Living November/December 2010 and Sandra Schifferle of Lansing, Kansas.
- In large bowl, mix warm water, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and yeast.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining sugar, sweet potato, eggs, softened b utter, and salt.
- Gradually stir in whole wheat and as much all-purpose as you can.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in remaining flour to make moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total).
- Shape into ball. Place in greased bowl and turn once to grease surface.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size (1 hour).
- Punch down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Shape into 16 balls and place in pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until nearly double (45 minutes).
- Bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with melted butter and serve warm.