Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on Allrecipes by Sherlie. These sound perfect for any meal!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast, warm water, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar, sweet potato, butter or margarine, salt, and slightly beaten eggs. Stir to mix well. Stir in 3 cups of flour. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead 2 to 3 minutes, adding just enough of remaining flour to prevent sticking. Do not knead too heavily; when smooth, shape into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover, and let raise about 1 hour or longer.
- Punch down, and allow dough to rest for 2 minutes. Divide into 16 to 20 balls, and place on a greased cookie sheet or in a 9x13 inch pan. Allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
I made 20 small rolls and they were very good! I did add a little ground flax seed and used 1 cup whole wheat flour. I used the minimum cooking time and they were slightly more cooked than I would of liked but still much enjoyed! Thanks! Made for Please Review My Recipe game.