Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I made up! Subtle sweet potato taste with beautiful colors!
- 22.18 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml uncooked arborio rice or 236.59 ml other short-grain rice
- 118.29 ml mashed cooked sweet potato
- 709.77 ml chicken broth or 709.77 ml vegetable broth, warmed
- 177.44 ml peas
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46-4.92 ml chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 T butter in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in rice and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated, stirring.
- Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed. Stir in 1/2 cup additional broth. Continue cooking about 20 minutes,stirring constantly and adding 1/2 cup of broth at every time previous additions have been absorbed until rice is creamy and tender. Add the remaining butter and peas and cook until heated, stirring throughout. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Made this pretty much as given, although I did season it with just a pinch of salt & about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper! Loved the SP & rice combo! Very satisfying & enjoyable! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]