Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I made up! Subtle sweet potato taste with beautiful colors!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice or 1 cup other short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 T butter in a saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in rice and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated, stirring.
- Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed. Stir in 1/2 cup additional broth. Continue cooking about 20 minutes,stirring constantly and adding 1/2 cup of broth at every time previous additions have been absorbed until rice is creamy and tender. Add the remaining butter and peas and cook until heated, stirring throughout. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Made this pretty much as given, although I did season it with just a pinch of salt & about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper! Loved the SP & rice combo! Very satisfying & enjoyable! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]