Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this dish for a pleasant change from mashed potatoes as a side dish for your roast. It goes equally well with beef, lamb, pork or chicken.
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 30 g butter, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 slices stale bread, crusts removed and processed into bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecan nuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mash potatoes with egg yolks, butter and ginger.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Grease spring form ring tin& spoon in mixture.
- Combine all topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle over potato mixture and bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Delicious as a side serve with roasts and grills.
Wow, how wonderfully extravagant and decadent this sounds! I can't wait to try it (although I'm going to have to go and buy a 'spring form ring tin' first - but then I'll be able to use that also for the Treasure Toffee Cake too - another one I just cannot wait to have a go at. Thank you for these marvellous recipes! I'll come back and let you know how I go when I do get around to them :)