A recipe from my mum. Very easy to make and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into pieces (otherwise they will take forever to boil properly).
- 2Cut onion into small pieces.
- 3Seed and cut up the red peppers.
- 4Add the potatoes, onion and peppers into a large pan with the 2 pints of stocked water (if you've had a roast chicken the night before then using the carcass for stock makes a world of difference).
- 5Bring to boil them reduce heat slightly and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- 6Blend the ingredients together using whatever implement you have, blenders and hand blenders are the most convenient ones to use. Blend until there are few to no bits left.
- 7Add hot sauce to taste (not much is needed though).
- 8Add black pepper to taste.
- 9Heat soup again while stirring for a couple of minutes and serve. Have a good loaf of bread heady, it's the best way to eat soup.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g