Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Cornbread
- Scrub sweet potato and trim off ends, pierce with fork and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes Let cool and remove skin and mash with fork until smooth.
- Measure 1 cup of mashed sweet potato and place in bowl. Whisk in milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients. Stir in sweet potato mixture and red pepper until just combined.
- Spread batter in greased or parchment-lined loaf pan or 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake in 400 deg oven for 18-24 mins or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.