Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this online and tweeked it to suit our tastes and to use the ingredients I had available. We like the result and hope you will too.
- 1 large sweet potato, baked through in oven wrapped in foil, scooped out hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton skins
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To make ravioli filling: In a bowl combine the sweet potato, five spice, green onion and honey. Check for flavor and season with salt and pepper.
- When filling has cooled, form ravioli: Place wonton skin down, lay one large basil leaf in center, top with puree and another basil leaf.
- In a small bowl mix egg with 2 T water to make egg wash. Brush egg wash around edges and top with another wonton skin.
- Seal tightly, making sure to remove as much air as possible.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wonton skins.
- In batches, cook ravioli in gently boiling water until done - this should only take a few minutes.
- In a small saucepan cook butter over medium heat until browned, but not burnt. When butter is browned, remove from heat and add basil, taking care to stand back because the natural moisture in the basil will cause the butter to pop.
- Add vinegars and stir to combine. Drizzle sauce over ravioli and serve.
Delightfully different! Not a heavy pasta like most raviolis are. We really enjoyed this meal. During dinner DH said probably 4 or 5 times "you're gonna make this again right"! Needless to say we'll be making it again. Thanks for a fun new recipe!