Recipe by dicentra
This is from 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian Recipes. Pumpkin or winter squash could be used in place of the sweet potatoes. Serve with a curry or sage sauce.
Top Review by chefdownunda
Unfortunately, this didn't quite work for me...the sweet potato was just a bit too starchy and the garlic was too bitey. Maybe if I cooked the garlic before putting it in, that would solve that problem. But the concept of wonton-wrapper ravioli is a winner, overall... will have to have another go!
- 236.59 ml sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 32 wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sweet potatoes, garlic and ginger; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon potato mixture onto wonton wrapper; brush edges of wrapper with water.
- Top with a second wonton wrapper and press edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and potato mixture.
- Heat 3 quarts of water to boiling; add 4-6 ravioli. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until ravioli float to surface and are cooked al dente.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and repeat the cooking procedure with the remaining ravioli. Serve topped with your favorite sauce.