Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good way to get kids to eat sweet potatoes or use up leftovers.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin pan with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients until well blended; add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes , until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.