Sweet Potato-Raisin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash sweet potatoes; stir in 1 1/4 cups sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs; blend well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add to sweet potato mixture, alternating with milk; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center tests done. Serve warm.