Sweet Potato-Quinoa Cakes
- Preheat oven to 200°F
- In large bowl, lightly beat egg and egg whites.
- Add quinoa, sweet potato, scallions, cilantro, quinoa flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook cakes in batches, using about 1/4 cup of quinoa mixture for each cake and flattening slightly with back of spoon to form a 3-inch disk.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side, reducing heat if cakes brown too quickly.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining cakes, adding more oil to pan as needed.
- Serve hot with lime wedges to squeeze over cakes.