Very different but we think they are so good.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- In large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic until the onions are transparent.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, remove the filling from the heat and add salt and pepper; stirring to mix.
- Evenly spread the sweet potato mixture onto the tortillas; sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese onto each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half over filling.
- Either clean out the skillet you just used or get another large non-stick skillet and add a little oil; heat on medium high heat.
- Place the quesadillas in a heated nonstick skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed and cook in batches.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.