1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Quesadillas
Very different but we think they are so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- 1In large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil.
- 2Sauté onions and garlic until the onions are transparent.
- 3Add in the sweet potatoes, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- 4Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 5When the sweet potatoes are tender, remove the filling from the heat and add salt and pepper; stirring to mix.
- 6Evenly spread the sweet potato mixture onto the tortillas; sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese onto each tortilla.
- 7Fold tortilla in half over filling.
- 8Either clean out the skillet you just used or get another large non-stick skillet and add a little oil; heat on medium high heat.
- 9Place the quesadillas in a heated nonstick skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- 10Add more oil to skillet as needed and cook in batches.
- 11Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 976.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g