Recipe by licked_cupcake
Vegetarian but so filling and tasty that you won't notice! This is a recipe to pull out when you want to seem like a more impressive cook than you really are. Easy results if you just follow the directions, but there are so many unique flavors combined together that you'll look like a culinary genius. And it's healthy, too! The cucumber relish gives this recipe added flair and makes it look so pretty and fancy, but if you're just whipping this up for a weekday family meal, you can skip it. It's tasty but it adds more to the presentation than to the flavor.
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Baby Spinach
- 2 minced green onions
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 3 -4 radishes, thinly sliced and then diced
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) In a medium bowl, combine beans, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and ancho chile pepper, set aside.
- 2) Boil sweet potato for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, drain. Return potatoes to saucepan; season with cumin and coarsely mash.
- 3) Spread sweet potato over half of each tortilla. Layer bean mixture, spinach, green onion, and cheese. Fold the tortilla in half over the filling.
- 4) Grill over medium heat, two at a time, for 6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once halfway through. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- 5) Optional: Combine cucumber, radishes, and cilantro, use as garnish/topping for the quesadillas.