Recipe by Ellenji
An easy recipe for a great appetizer or dinner. This recipe lets you walk away while potatoes are baking and keeps your hands free for other tasks!
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Super easy and super fantastic! What a great recipe. I peeled and cooked the sweet potatoes in the microwave, mashed them, and then stirred in the beans and spices. It was a perfect balance of flavors. I actually used muenster cheese because that's what I had on hand -- also good. They toasted nicely in the oven, and were a wonderful, tasty, filling meal.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 16 flour tortillas
- 24 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour (until soft).
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool thouroughly.
- Shred the cheese and set aside.
- Skin the sweet potatoes and mash together with the black beans, cumin and garlic powder.
- Spread approximately 3/4 cup of potato/bean mixture onto a flour tortilla.
- Cover mixture with cheese and place another tortilla on top.
- Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Place quesadillas on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese has melted and tortilla is crispy (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve with salsa or your favorite condiment.