Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came from the Food Channel, with Tyler Florence. I have not made it, but am going to for Thanksgiving. My husband said he would actually like to try it, so I'm certainly going to fix it!! He doesn't try many new things!!
- 6 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6)
- 2 ripe bananas, skins on
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Roast the bananas, with the skins on, for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and bananas and transfer to a food processor.
- Pulse until the potatoes are chunky.
- Add the butter and maple syrup, puree until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon,pumpkin pie spice and salt; puree to combine.
- Transfer to a shallow baking pan and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- In a skillet, cook the pecans in butter over low heat and sprinkle with salt.
- Saute until well-coated, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pecans to paper towels to drain.
- Arrange pecans on top of puree and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 300 until heated through, about 20 minutes.