Recipe by Jill22 #2
My family LOVES pumpkin and sweet potatoes a lot, especially around the holidays:). Once while making holiday pies, I mixed the pumpkin and sweet potatoes together. WAA LAA a new yummy pie.
Top Review by Paula Cook Gomez
I would not trust the measurements on the splenda instead of sugar...you would always use less splenda blend or splenda than sugar and this recipe has the amounts as the same...not good.
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (30 ounce) can sweet potatoes, may use fresh cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (sugar substitute) or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or 1⁄3 cup a good quality pancake syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 deep dish pie shells or 4 regular pie crusts
- Cool Whip or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve with pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash sweet potatoes well.
- In a large bowl combine and mix well pumpkin, sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, sugars, and syrup.
- Mix until thick ,creamy and well combined.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven cool completely.
- Serve with Cool-Whip, ice cream, and/or whip cream.