Recipe by Derf
Substitute turnip or rutabega if you like, nice light way to serve veggies.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful! Next time I am going to try parsnips - what do you think? I added 1/4 cup flour as they seemed a bit too soft and they turned out heavenly The orange and yam flavor is great They are good cold too. Thanks Dorothy
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover, bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl,mash until smooth.
- Alternatively, use 4 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add orange juice, egg, orange peel and nutmeg, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon potato mixture into 10 mounds on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pecans on tops of mounds.
- Bake 30 minutes or until centres are hot.