Recipe by moon_shadow528
This is a fun, easy and delicious recipe that my kids started helping me make when they were toddlers. They have been a 'must have' at family dinners, especially during the Holidays. We've taken them to School, Scout, and Work potlucks. Always sure to be a Hit. Now that my kids (20, 16, 14 and 14) are no longer toddlers, they fight over who gets to make them each year.
- 2 (17 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sweet potatoes, butter, bourban and salt; mix well.
- Combine pecans and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Pat 2 generous tablespoons sweet potato mixture around each marshmallow.
- Roll each in nuts and sugar.
- Place in 8x8x2-inch microwavable dish.
- Microcook on high 4-7 minutes or until puffed and thoroughly heated.