Charlotte J's Note:
Other recipe from the television show 'Postcards from Buster'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Check with a grownup, and wash your hands before you begin.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Open the can of sweet potatoes.
- 4Using a sieve or colander, drain out all the liquid.
- 5Pour the sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- 6Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a fork.
- 7Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- 8DO NOT OVERCOOK the butter!
- 9Microwave for 30 seconds at a time (as many times as needed) until the butter is melted.
- 10Then pour melted butter into mashed potatoes and stir it inches (Be careful! The butter might be hot.).
- 11Add brown sugar to the potato mixture, and stir it inches.
- 12Crack eggs into a medium bowl, and beat them with a fork until smooth and yellow.
- 13Pour eggs into the potato mixture, and stir them inches.
- 14Add milk, sweetened coconut flakes, and spices to the potato mixture.
- 15Stir everything together until it is mixed. (Note: if you don't have all the spices, don't worry. Adding even one or two spices will make it tastier!).
- 16Pour the potato mixture into an oven-safe, glass, baking dish.
- 17Using oven mitts, place the potatoes into the oven.
- 18Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 19Clean up the kitchen while the wonderful aroma of baking sweet potato pudding fills your kitchen!
- 20When the timer rings, your sweet potato pudding is done!
- 21Ask a grownup to use oven mitts to take the baking dish out of the oven.
- 22Set the dish someplace safe to cool.
- 23Make sure to turn off the oven.
- 24Enjoy your pudding warm (but not too hot!), or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pudding (Step by Step 4 Kids)
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 68.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g