Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Other recipe from the television show 'Postcards from Buster'
Make and share this Sweet Potato Pudding (Step by Step 4 Kids) recipe from Food.com.
- Check with a grownup, and wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of sweet potatoes.
- Using a sieve or colander, drain out all the liquid.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a fork.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK the butter!
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time (as many times as needed) until the butter is melted.
- Then pour melted butter into mashed potatoes and stir it inches (Be careful! The butter might be hot.).
- Add brown sugar to the potato mixture, and stir it inches.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, and beat them with a fork until smooth and yellow.
- Pour eggs into the potato mixture, and stir them inches.
- Add milk, sweetened coconut flakes, and spices to the potato mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is mixed. (Note: if you don't have all the spices, don't worry. Adding even one or two spices will make it tastier!).
- Pour the potato mixture into an oven-safe, glass, baking dish.
- Using oven mitts, place the potatoes into the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Clean up the kitchen while the wonderful aroma of baking sweet potato pudding fills your kitchen!
- When the timer rings, your sweet potato pudding is done!
- Ask a grownup to use oven mitts to take the baking dish out of the oven.
- Set the dish someplace safe to cool.
- Make sure to turn off the oven.
- Enjoy your pudding warm (but not too hot!), or cold.
This is so yummy! I used heavy cream instead of milk, because, well, if I'm going to go to the trouble to make pudding, I'm going to mean it. The only other thing I would change is I would toast the coconut before adding it to the mix. I can't stop eating this stuff.