Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Other recipe from the television show 'Postcards from Buster'
Make and share this Sweet Potato Pudding (Step by Step 4 Kids) recipe from Food.com.
- Check with a grownup, and wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the can of sweet potatoes.
- Using a sieve or colander, drain out all the liquid.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a fork.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK the butter!
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time (as many times as needed) until the butter is melted.
- Then pour melted butter into mashed potatoes and stir it inches (Be careful! The butter might be hot.).
- Add brown sugar to the potato mixture, and stir it inches.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, and beat them with a fork until smooth and yellow.
- Pour eggs into the potato mixture, and stir them inches.
- Add milk, sweetened coconut flakes, and spices to the potato mixture.
- Stir everything together until it is mixed. (Note: if you don't have all the spices, don't worry. Adding even one or two spices will make it tastier!).
- Pour the potato mixture into an oven-safe, glass, baking dish.
- Using oven mitts, place the potatoes into the oven.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Clean up the kitchen while the wonderful aroma of baking sweet potato pudding fills your kitchen!
- When the timer rings, your sweet potato pudding is done!
- Ask a grownup to use oven mitts to take the baking dish out of the oven.
- Set the dish someplace safe to cool.
- Make sure to turn off the oven.
- Enjoy your pudding warm (but not too hot!), or cold.
This is so yummy! I used heavy cream instead of milk, because, well, if I'm going to go to the trouble to make pudding, I'm going to mean it. The only other thing I would change is I would toast the coconut before adding it to the mix. I can't stop eating this stuff.