1 hr 30 mins
This one is a little different, because it uses yogurt cheese. It's remarkably low fat, and can be made even lower fat if you skip the pecans. (Of course, who wants to skip the pecans? :-) ). Got this from the Stonyfield Farm web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350, and spritz a one-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook the sweet potato in whatever way you prefer, so that they are tender enough to mash. When the sweet potato chunks are cool enough to handle, mash until completely smooth.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to sweet potatoes (except for pecans), and continue mashing until everything is incorporated evenly.
- 4Turn the mixture into a prepared baking dish and top with pecan halves.
- 5Bake 20-25 minutes, until top is slightly brown.
- 6Note: You can prepare the whole thing in advance and refrigerate it, then pop it into the oven right before the meal. Increase cooking time by ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g