Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Made with Maple & Brown Sugar Malt-O-Meal.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup malt-o-meal maple and brown sugar flavored hot wheat cereal mix, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and simmer, covered until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well and mash (you should have about 2 cups), let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In large bowl, beat together mashed sweet potatoes, orange juice, butter, cereal, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Bake until puffy and barely firm in center, 50 minutes-1 hour.