Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Caribbean Sweetness! The lime come through very nicely in this.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients except raisins. Blend well till nice and smooth.
- Mix in raisins and coconut.
- Pour into a buttered casserole pan and bake 50 minutes.
- Chill and serve with whipped cream.
yummy-i served this with a turkey meal-everyone loved it. I used light rum instead of dark rum ( light was all i had) and I used lemon juice/zest instead of lime( i had lemons on hand)---the dish came at great anyway. thank you