Recipe by Superwomenblack
This recipe was also given to me by my grandma and comes from Jamaica and African background. It is delicious and should be served warm with your favourite syrup and a tall glass of milk. Makes 12 slices (5 cm each)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice or 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius.
- Combine coconut milk and water.
- Add the combined mixture to grated potatoes and all other ingredients except, rum and lime juice.
- Pour into a well greased pan (23cm) dot with Soft Margarine.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Combine lime juice and rum, pour over pudding.
- To serve: Serve warm or chilled, with whipped cream.