Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hard Pretzels that give you a serving of veggies!
- 1 5⁄8 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 5⁄8 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup sweet potato, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Let yeast proof in water with sugar and salt.
- Add all other ingredients except coarse salt, let rise for 1 hour.
- Roll into sticks and place on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- In a separate bowl mix beaten egg yolk with the tablespoon of water.
- Brush the pretzels with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
These pretzels were wonderful. The DH loved them. I am not a big sweet potato fan so I substituted pumpkin instead. I also only baked them about 20 minutes so they would be softer.