Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Was sent this along with some other recipes from another site and it's enoough differant from other similar ones I decided to post it. Sounds like a great holiday side - and as I don't care for the old marshmellow ones that my Mom loved, think this might just be what I'm looking for.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- Beat in the cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture.
- Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
This was a fantastic dish. Made recipe as written, though I used low-fat butter. Served this with some chixken slices, and lightly coated the chicken with the sauce. The sauce could not be any better, had a nice taste, and made for a nice extra treat and flavor with the chicken. Very enjoyable . :)