1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Praline Swirl
1 hr 10 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Was sent this along with some other recipes from another site and it's enoough differant from other similar ones I decided to post it. Sounds like a great holiday side - and as I don't care for the old marshmellow ones that my Mom loved, think this might just be what I'm looking for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- 5Beat in the cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; fold in pecans.
- 6Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 7Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture.
- 8Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- 9Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Praline Swirl
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 88.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g