Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can yams, mashed
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, sweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pastry shells, unbaked (9-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine yams, condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Poutr into unbaked 9-inch pastry shell. Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of pie. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine dark brown sugar and whipping cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Spoon over pie.