1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
When Sweet Potatoes are in season, bake several pounds of them, peel them and wrap them individually in plastic wrap, drop the in a large zip lock freezer bags and put in the freezer. This way you'll always have sweet potatoes all year long for such wonderful recipes. I found this recipe in a flyer from the South Carolina Grown Winning Recipies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SWEET POTATO POUND CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cooked & mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
CARMEL SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1MAKING THE POUND CAKE.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Cream sugar and butter until well mixed.
- 4Add eggs one at a time.
- 5Combine flour, baking soda,salt, and baking powder.
- 6Mix well and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Add sweet potatoes and extracts.
- 7Making the Caramel Sauce.
- 8Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- 9Sprinkle toasted peacans over bottom of pan.
- 10Pour batter into pan; Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- 11Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- 12Remove from pan.
- 13CARAMEL SAUCE.
- 14Make the caramel sauce just prior to serving the cake.
- 15Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- 16Remove trom the heat and add milk. Stir well.
- 17Add confectioners sugar as needed to thicken - takes more sometimes than others - Consistency is up to you.
- 18Place caramel sauce in gravy bowl and pour over Sweet Potato Pound cake slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pound Cake With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.8
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 584.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g