Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from "Cooking for 2" magazine. Very simple and delicious.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Pork Stew for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl toss pork with mustard.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a large sauce pan pour oil and cook pork, onions and garlic until pork is browned in all sides.
- Stir in broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potatoes. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
A straightforward and delicious recipe. I managed to miss that the mustard was to coat the pork, and so added about 1 1/2 tsp with the chicken broth. I was worried that the onions would burn, so I added them only with the last batch of pork to brown. (I needed to do this in batches, to make sure the cubes would brown and not steam). I then deglazed the skillet with part of the broth. I think next time I would cut the the garlic cloves in half, and would also add some fresh chopped thyme. Also, watch the liquid level, especially towards the end. This is a small quantity and even on a simmer, it can "boil" dry. I added perhaps 1/3 cup of broth. All in all a nice recipe. I can see doing the prep and browning in the morning, so that it just needs to simmer for dinner.
Because my pork stuck to the pan, I advise using a non-stick skillet to brown the pork! To ensure I'd have leftovers, I doubled the recipe! I used minced garlic, added 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves, 2 bay leaves and 14 ounces stewed tomatoes, then thought the stew was a little too sweet, so I added the juice of a lime ~ and garnished with fresh cilantro! Made for PRMR ~ (Stars cleared and photo removed because a new recipe was created with the added seasonings/ingredients!)
was excellent..i added some diced red bell pepper for more color and served on rice...a keeper