Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dessert recipe is from Belize.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- Grate sweet potatoes.
- Add sugar and coconut milk. Stir until sugar dissolves, then add evaporated milk, butter, vanilla, ginger and raisins.
- Stir until properly mixed and pour into a 9 X 11 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.