Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account, and I haven't tried it yet. I will repost here when I have tried the recipe. I won't change the recipe, though...it seems that people like it the way it is. Enjoy!
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and meat pureed in food processor
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal (polenta grind)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bring the heavy cream and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly add the cornmeal, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add pureed sweet potato, brown sugar and cheese, combine well.
- Finish with a dab of butter and season with S+P.
Mean Chef, this is really...the best polenta I have ever had in my entire life. I cant stop eating it. Dinner is over, and I keep going back to the pan and eating out of it... Im addicted lol Yummy definitely is the word!!!! This is POLENTA HEAVEN!!! The asiago really adds a nice flavor to it..its not too bold, but just a nice added flavor. Its not too sweet either! Its just P-E-R-F-E-C-T! This will be a regular around here... probably around the holidays! thanks so much!!!
This took way longer than 35 minutes but it was worth it. The cream was too much, next time I'll milk. It could use a little kick, but not sure what the is, any suggestions? I'll make it again.
This was fantastic. I grilled sliced portobello mushrooms and put them on top along with some crumbled bacon and sauteed onions, which really complimented it.