Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account, and I haven't tried it yet. I will repost here when I have tried the recipe. I won't change the recipe, though...it seems that people like it the way it is. Enjoy!
Top Review by love4culinary
Mean Chef, this is really...the best polenta I have ever had in my entire life. I cant stop eating it. Dinner is over, and I keep going back to the pan and eating out of it... Im addicted lol Yummy definitely is the word!!!! This is POLENTA HEAVEN!!! The asiago really adds a nice flavor to it..its not too bold, but just a nice added flavor. Its not too sweet either! Its just P-E-R-F-E-C-T! This will be a regular around here... probably around the holidays! thanks so much!!!
- 2 sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and meat pureed in food processor
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal (polenta grind)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the heavy cream and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly add the cornmeal, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add pureed sweet potato, brown sugar and cheese, combine well.
- Finish with a dab of butter and season with S+P.