Top Review by Outnumbered By Peanuts
I made this as a side dish last week and it worked out great. I ended up using fresh sweet potatoes since I was already cooking some up for my one year-old. Other than that and omitting the salt to reduce sodium, I followed the directions as stated. The pineapple is a nice change. Thanks for posting - I'll be keeping this recipe around for future use!
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple, drained
- to taste mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except marshmallows in mixing bowl; beat well.
- Butter baking dish; place 1/2 of mixture in dish, dot with marshmallows.
- Add remaining mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, dot with marshmallows and bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown.