Recipe by Peachy326
Sweet Potato Pie is so much better than pumpkin pie, IMHO, LOL! In fact, if it has the same color as Pumpkin Pie it means that someone has used pumpkin pie seasonings. True Sweet Potato Pie is a bright orange, as opposed to the brownish orange hues of Pumpkin. This pie has 3 shots of Jack Daniels. I've been told that the alcohol evaporates, but I can't swear to it. So if you have problems with alcohol, or it clashes with your meds, take this into consideration. It is to die for
- 4-5 large sweet potatoes
- 158.51 ml butter, softened to room temp (you can use margine, but why mess with Mother Nature?)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (850.48 g) can sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand, but do NOT substitute evaporated milk!!!)
- 85.04 g Jack Daniels Whiskey (that's 2 shots)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the sweet taters in the microwave until they are soft inside and easily pierced with a knife.
- Put them aside and allow them to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the eggs in a large bowl and beat them lightly.
- Add the Eagle Brand, the butter, the vanilla, and the salt.
- Combine well.
- By this time the potatoes should be cool enough to touch. The peel should easily come off the potatoes. (I have found this easier that peeling, cubing, and boiling.).
- Add the potatoes to the Eagle Brand liquids.
- Mash well until everything is well mixed and smooth.
- Pour into the 2 deep dish pie crusts.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes up clean.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!