1 hr 20 mins
Sweet Potato Pie is so much better than pumpkin pie, IMHO, LOL! In fact, if it has the same color as Pumpkin Pie it means that someone has used pumpkin pie seasonings. True Sweet Potato Pie is a bright orange, as opposed to the brownish orange hues of Pumpkin. This pie has 3 shots of Jack Daniels. I've been told that the alcohol evaporates, but I can't swear to it. So if you have problems with alcohol, or it clashes with your meds, take this into consideration. It is to die for
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4-5 large sweet potatoes
- 158.51 ml butter, softened to room temp (you can use margine, but why mess with Mother Nature?)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (850.48 g) can sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand, but do NOT substitute evaporated milk!!!)
- 85.04 g Jack Daniels Whiskey (that's 2 shots)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Pop the sweet taters in the microwave until they are soft inside and easily pierced with a knife.
- 2Put them aside and allow them to cool.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Put the eggs in a large bowl and beat them lightly.
- 5Add the Eagle Brand, the butter, the vanilla, and the salt.
- 6Combine well.
- 7By this time the potatoes should be cool enough to touch. The peel should easily come off the potatoes. (I have found this easier that peeling, cubing, and boiling.).
- 8Add the potatoes to the Eagle Brand liquids.
- 9Mash well until everything is well mixed and smooth.
- 10Pour into the 2 deep dish pie crusts.
- 11Bake 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes up clean.
- 12Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- 13Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pie With Jack Daniels - Makes 2 Pies
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 638.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g