Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Vegetarian Times, May/June 2007
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place sweet potato in medium pot, and cover with 1 inch water.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain, cool to room temperature, and mash. (You should have 1 cup.)
- Whisk together potatoes, sugar, coconut milk, eggs, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in large bowl.
- Pour into piecrust and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on rack until ready to serve.