Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Down home southern sweet potato pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 pie crusts
- Cream eggs and sugar.
- Add sweet potato, vanilla flavoring and melted butter, mix then add milk. Mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Serves 8 for each pie.
I was afraid to make these pies because all the ones I've tasted were great and I didnt want to mess it up and I didn't. This recipe is awesome! Thank you for helping me get over my fear!