Recipe by hannahactually
This is by far the very best ice cream I have ever tasted. If you love sweet potato pie, chances are you'll adore this creamy, icy treat! It tastes best when you cook your own sweet potatoes; canned sweet potatoes simply don't taste as delicious. From Cooking Light. Cooking time includes time to let ice cream soften.
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes, cooled
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large bowl in freezer.
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature 45 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut pie dough round in half.
- Place half of dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; reserve remaining dough for another use.
- Bake dough at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break crust into small pieces.
- Place sweet potatoes, sugar, and spice in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork until well blended.
- With a rubber spatula or stand mixer, combine sweet potato mixture, piecrust pieces, and softened ice cream in chilled bowl.
- Cover and freeze to desired consistency.