Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another one of our family favorites. This was one of my grandmother's recipes and has been in the family a long time. It goes great with ham, turkey or chicken.
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 8 regular marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil and mash the sweet potatoes (approximately 6-7 potatoes I think).
- Place the mashed sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- While bringing the potatoes to a boil add the butter, brown sugar, salt, allspice and marshmallows.
- Mix well.
- After boiling place in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Topping: In a small sauce pan bring to a boil the sugar, milk and butter.
- Add the vanilla and nuts and stir well.
- Pour on top of the Casserole.
- Place in oven and bake@350 degrees until hot (approximately 40 minutes).
Nimz love these sweet potatoes! I used canned sweet potatoes and mashed them with a fork. Creamy nice casserole and the topping is so good with the pecans. Served with Karen=^..^='s Recipe #265733. Thank you hon for another great recipe!
Great recipe! I also baked my sweet potatoes instead of boiling. The kids just loved this recipe. Thanks, Nimz!
Outstanding is right for this recipe! I baked my sweet potatoes instead of boiling and baked this in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, also I added in a little cinnamon and reduced the brown sugar by a couple tablespoons. Wonderful sweet tater recipe Nims! thanks for sharing hon...Kitten:)