1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Pie
1 hr 25 mins
This is another one of our family favorites. This was one of my grandmother's recipes and has been in the family a long time. It goes great with ham, turkey or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 8 regular marshmallows
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil and mash the sweet potatoes (approximately 6-7 potatoes I think).
- 3Place the mashed sweet potatoes in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 4While bringing the potatoes to a boil add the butter, brown sugar, salt, allspice and marshmallows.
- 5Mix well.
- 6After boiling place in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 7Topping: In a small sauce pan bring to a boil the sugar, milk and butter.
- 8Add the vanilla and nuts and stir well.
- 9Pour on top of the Casserole.
- 10Place in oven and bake@350 degrees until hot (approximately 40 minutes).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.8
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 49.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g