1 hr 20 mins
Maggie Coe's recipe from Thanksgiving...Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pie crust:.
- 2on a cold countertop, make a mound of the flour with a dip in the middle. Put the butter, salt and 1 tsp of the sugar into the dip and use a fork to blend. Gradually add in the ice water as needed (different kinds of flour absorb water differently).
- 3Ball the pie crust dough and put it in the fridge wrapped in cling wrap.
- 4Boil the yams until soft and strain the water.
- 5Put all the pie filling ingredients together in a blender and blend until consistent.
- 6Roll out the pie crust and lay into a pie pan. Pour the filling into it.
- 7Bake at a high temperature until set.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.6
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 596.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 10.4 g